The CT-AIMH is delighted to invite you to this FREE 5-part infant mental health training series offered to Home Visitors working in the New Haven area beginning on Monday, October 5, 2015.
These five workshops will increase your knowledge and practice in the area of infant mental health, and will include:
- how to see families and their young children through an attachment lens,
- how to understand infants/toddlers and their families and the challenges of unresolved trauma and loss,
- how to reflect and recognize your own feelings about your work that can impact your relationships with families,
- how culture impacts relationship-focused practice,
- appropriate and available screenings and referrals,
- the opportunity to participate in a FREE 12-month reflective supervision group (2 hours/month).
These workshop topics are related to the Competencies for Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-Focused Practice Promoting Infant Mental Health® and can lead to Endorsement® in Infant Mental Health. For more information about the CT-AIMH Endorsement® you can visit: www.ct-aimh.org . Scholarships to cover the costs of the fees for IMH Endorsement® are available through this training.